POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : water again (did I say final? lol) : Re: water again (did I say final? lol) Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:28:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: water again (did I say final? lol)
From: Kenneth
Date: 22 Nov 2006 03:30:00
Message: <web.45640926e4e3b873c9aaf65e0@news.povray.org>
"Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote:
> A couple of different versions with a more detailed & more appropriately
> scaled boat.
>
> Opinions? I'm starting to get a bit lost on this project, to be honest...
> --
> Tek
> http://evilsuperbrain.com

The second image is stunning.  Love that down-angle view. It concentrates
the viewer's attention on *just* the right elements. No sky needed. But
from the point-of-view of the IRTC topic, I suppose the sky and clouds do
add more "complexity."

That's going to be a difficult decision, as to which kind of
image is more appropriate. I do think there is enough visual interest in
that second image to get the idea of complexity across.  And besides that,
it just looks COOL! Perhaps a fourth object or element in the
scene--besides the waves, the life preserver and the ship--may add a little
extra drama to it.  Bird?  Bubbles? Some kind of personal belonging of one
of the hapless passengers, floating on the surface?

Ken W.